Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partnership form 1065 diagnostic, Partnership Representative

peauff
Level 3

Not sure if there is a glitch in the software related to completion of the "Designation of Partnership Representative" section on page 3 of the 1065.  This LLC has a general partner as representative.  However,  I am receiving a critical diagnostic that states that "one or more of the designation of partnership fields for the designated individuals information is missing. (ref 12943)"  The error link takes me to the miscellaneous info section, and to clear it I have to complete the "designated individuals information, if the partnership representative is an entity".  Speaking with the Lacerte help desk, this error has already been reported and they are in the process of addressing.  Is this something that would create issues with the return should I file with this section completed, even though it is N/A?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
AmandaW
Level 1

I had this same problem but finally got it figured out.  I had to put the Individual's name in the primary contact field at the top of the Client Info screen and delete the Partnership Rep Partner # in the same screen. 

HereToLearn
Level 2

Thank you. Your fix worked for me as well.

0 Cheers
TAX8888
Level 1

Sorry, could you elaborate more on the steps and which forms you went to to get rid of this error? I'm getting the same one and I can't get rid of it!

0 Cheers
brent
Level 3

Thank you, AmandaW.  This worked for me too.

0 Cheers
brent
Level 3

@TAX8888

1) Go to Screen 1>Client Info>Name and ID Number>Primary Contact and input the partnership representatives name here.

2) At Screen 1>Clint Info>Miscellaneous Info>Partnership Rep Partner # make sure this field is blank

3) At Screen 3>Miscellaneous Info>Designation of Partnership Representative>Designation of Partnership Representative>Partnership Representative is NOT a Partner complete the information for the partnership representative.

You would think that designating a partner # at Step 2 above should be sufficient, but doing so creates a critical diagnostic.  Intuit, please fix! 

0 Cheers