Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partnership capital account

mhlester
Level 3

Partner A sold 48% of its 98% interest to Partner C.

I have entered the ownership percentages for the time period before and after the sale, but Lacerte still allocates all the capital to Partner A.

Where do I enter the adjustments to the capital accounts so Partner A's K-1 shows 50% ownership at end of year and Partner C's K-1 shows 48%.

I tried entering positive and negative amounts in other increases and other decreases in M-2, but that does not flow through to the K-1.

thanks,

Michael

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

Have you entered info in Screen 9.1 Change in Ownership?

Ex-AllStar
Accountant-Man
Level 12

48% of 98% is 47.04%

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
mhlester
Level 3

Yes... I entered the two time periods for both partners and the profit, loss, and capital all add up to 100%.

0 Cheers
mhlester
Level 3

The percentages are all correct, but when I enter amounts in other increases and other decreases to reallocate capital, it doesn't allocate it correctly and it does not show up as something to specially allocate. If I put the amounts in contributions and distributions instead, it does show up as something to specially allocate. I may have to do that as a workaround unless I can learn how to do it correctly before the 9/15 filing deadline.

Thanks for the help.

0 Cheers