Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening screen in Lacerte

John Dukes
Level 3

Apparently I've somehow changed my opening screen to Fiduciary rather than Individual.  Any idea how to change back?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
abctax55
Level 15

TOP menu bar, all the way to the left = Client.  Drop down to tax type.  Select Individual.

OR

Ctrl+Alt+I (for individual)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
John Dukes
Level 3

I know how to switch to Individual, but if I close the program and reopen, it opens back to Fiduciary, apparently as a default.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Nope...

MY guess is it opens to whatever module was open when you closed the program.  So switch to to individual, close the program, reopen & see what happens.

I know of no setting that controls this...

@George4Tacks - any ideas?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
John Dukes
Level 3

No change.  Even rebooted my computer and it still opens to Fiduciary.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Something got "buggered"! Use the FORCE install https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/how-to-perform-a-force-install-of-lacerte...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
John Dukes
Level 3

No dice.

0 Cheers
Cathie H
Level 2

I have started having the same problem.  Using Lacerte, in the Individual Tax client list and when I close and reopen, it is in Exempt Org.  This change just occured in the last couple of weeks.  What is going on here.  

0 Cheers
DatabaseRobert
Level 4

Make certain that all of the "OPT" files in your option path (either local or shared/network) and in your program install path (typically on drive c: [machine hard drive]) are NOT set to "Read Only".  Normally when you close the program, the module and client that you were most recently on are saved, but if your files cannot be written to that will not happen.

Robert Kirk
LTUGtools