Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on hold music

mmcdowell
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is some way to not have that horrible music playing everytime you call intuit? I am so tired of listening to that same stupid song for over an hour every time I call, they have not changed that thing in years and anyone who calls intuit on a regular basis has to be like me and is sick and tired of listening to it.  I have asked them to not put me on hold with the music but evidently they don't know how to do that.  

Does anyone have any suggestions other than have someone else call for me? I am sorry 10 years of the same stupid song and I am completely sick of it, I dread calling and being put on hold. It is bad enough intuits tech support has become a joke but having to be irritated every call by this music just makes me irritable and have less patience with intuit because it has repeatedly annoyed me.  I guess it wouldn't be so bad but as a QB proadvisor also I call intuit quite a bit and 10 years of this song is just too long.

Is there a feedback or suggestion email for intuit for the horrible phone answering system?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, until then I will just keep turning the volume way down on the phone until I can barely hear it

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

17 Comments 17
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I havent had to call support in over 10 years...is there something that maybe someone in here could help you solve/fix or is phone support your only option?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I haven't called support in years.  Any problems I have had either could be solved by a search or a post here.

As a side note, if they want "truth in advertising", the proper hold music should probably be a little tune by ACDC - "Highway to Hell"

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

I learned in my first year not to call Support.  And it's not the song they play.

But I must admit that listening to a song is way better than hearing over and over again the phrase "please hold on, your call is important to us and will be answered in the order in which it was received.  We will be with you in just a minute."  Then, there is that pitch: "Did you know...."  Needless to say that "minute" often turns into minutes and may be even an hour...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
vmirinav
Level 2

During COVID 19 call on hold music that does not change for 2-4 hours can lead one to insanity. 

vmirinav
Level 2

I emailed support about this. The music is so toxic have been on hold for 3 hours now for some urgent stuff. Would be so nice to have some silence.

itonewbie
Level 15

@vmirinav  Maybe you want to create a new thread for your question?  Someone may beat Support to getting you the answer you need.  You never know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think the first potential warning sign for insanity is folks that actually call support without first trying to get help here.

Slava Ukraini!
vmirinav
Level 2

its not possible to get here for the things I require. Please think before you write. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

many times people have sat on hold with support for hours only to find that what they needed help with they could have found right here within minutes..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm always thinking.  Sometimes I think before I write and sometimes I think while I write.  🤔

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

@vmirinav wrote:

its not possible to get here for the things I require. Please think before you write. 

In my little world, the only thing (ok, maybe things) you can get from Support that you can't get here is account-related resolution (and Intuit getting into your return to diagnose stuff).

Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Now, I see why it's impossible.  Because what @vmirinav wants is for Intuit to change the music they play while putting customers on hold.  That, unfortunately, we can't help.  If it were my choice, I would have them play Time in a Bottle.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/community-suggestions/please-end-music-on-hold/idi-p/80143

Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Why not go with the Beatles' "I Want to Hold Your Hand"?

Slava Ukraini!
Sonia1
Level 1

That music is SO AWFUL! I always ask for a silent hold but if I haven't talked to anyone yet and am on hold, I seriously want to blow my brains out listening to it!

0 Cheers
vmirinav
Level 2

I looked in to it and found out that they really don't care. I end-up using the chat system now. if you call they put you on hold and that music comes up, there is no way to put you on silent hold. The phone system they have is so old that it does not have that feature. Also contractor manages the phone system so only the upper level people have the ability to send tickets to the PBX provider. 

0 Cheers
darrellp
Level 2

I totally agree. Lacerte gives us a call back number. But lots of times there’s a wait time after the connection is made (for the Lacerte representative to do research). I’m one that doesn’t like the music of Lacerte’s choosing. I wish that Lacerte would give us an option to click past their musical selection so I wouldn’t have to listen to their musical choices for long minutes at a time.

0 Cheers
kgalland
Level 4

Excellent idea! Nothing ruins my day like trying to call QB Support if you can even get through.