Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on 1041 the diagnostics is "a financial Institution EIN is required for this return" but there is not a financial institution fiduciary?

LynnCook261
Level 1

on 1041 the diagnostics is "a financial Institution EIN is required for this return" but there is not a financial institution fiduciary?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
George4Tacks
Level 15

I believe it is just a WARNING and can be ignored. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
mdsquires
Level 1

I am seeing the same diagnostic - it is a Critical Diagnostic.  Can we ignore Critical Diagnostics?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I am not able to produce this diagnostic. You may be able to ignore it and e-file. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/diagnostic-reference-ref-frequently-asked-qu...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
LynnCook261
Level 1

were you able to e-file and just ignore it?

0 Cheers
mdsquires
Level 1

We are still waiting for one piece of information before we can efile, so I'm not sure yet.

0 Cheers
Derrick
Level 3

I am also seeing this critical diagnostic.  The trust is a CA resident complex trust return and I've noticed the diagnostic appears for me when I add an additional non-resident state to the return (Arizona).  I have not found any state specific settings that have any effect on this error, other than deleting the extra state from the return.

Anyone try to file and ignore this critical diagnostic yet and can confirm that works out?

0 Cheers
Derrick
Level 3

It does appear to be a state specific critical Diagnostic, I don't know if its on any multi-state return or just ones that include certain states (like mine with Arizona).  However I was able to ignore the diagnostic and filed without incident.  All the returns have been in an "Accepted" state for several days now so it would appear to be some ignorable bug in PTO (and apparently Lacerte as well).