Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYS tax due dates

Highlighted
Level 1

In the news release, Lacerte said"

New York

The Department of Taxation and Finance announced the state’s income tax filing deadline is being moved to July 15 to comply with the federal government’s decision to push back the filing date due to the coronavirus outbreak. The new deadlines would be applicable to individuals and businesses. The new deadline would be for filing tax returns and paying taxes owed. No interest or penalties would be charged for either state or federal filers."

I can find no support for this on any NY website. Can anyone find support for this?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Level 15

All I saw was a press release published in an Albany newspaper. On another board people are also waiting for an official pronouncement.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Do you know which paper? Was it an actual press release?

0 Cheers
Level 15

https://nyassembly.gov/coronavirus/?sec=updates_nys 

It looked like a press release when I first saw it. It's different now.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

From Cuomo's daily newsletter:

New York State's income tax filing deadline is delayed until July 15, 2020. Because New York State requires electronic filing, the date for filing state personal income taxes automatically travels with the federal filing date, which is now July 15. Further guidelines will be released soon. 

0 Cheers