Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYS Long Term Care Credit

dorisgodfrey
Level 2

I have an individual client who isn't getting the LTC Credit on IT-249.  Entered premiums in schedule A.  NYAGI is less than $250K (but federal AGI is not).  For some reason, no credit is showing up on line 12a.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
ameeks
Level 1

Just curious if you were ever able to get this sorted out. I have the same issue and when I called they had me override the field and then the return was rejected. Hoping to avoid having to call again and wait on hold!

0 Cheers
dorisgodfrey
Level 2

Nope.  No resolution yet.  It's a bug in the software so I think we are going to have to wait or paper file.  But in NYS the paper file is bad news and will come with a penalty I'm afraid.  I'm going to have to call again too.

0 Cheers
ameeks
Level 1

Agreed. I figured it was worth checking. 😞

0 Cheers
ameeks
Level 1

It looks like they fixed this with the update this afternoon. Just wanted to make you aware.

0 Cheers
dorisgodfrey
Level 2

Awesome!  I didn't get a chance to check this yet.  Thank you so much for letting me know!!!  

0 Cheers