Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NY Non-resident Amended Returns due to Lacerte error

lpresslercpa
Level 2

I do not understand why I am required to file amended returns for all NY non-resident returns since Lacerte told us it was due to their programming issue???  Can we get compensated for our time?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14
sjrcpa
Level 15

Because.

Not by Intuit.

The whole situation sucks.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

This includes the explanation and a phone number:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/important-information-fo...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
lpresslercpa
Level 2

Thanks.  But this issue was caused by Intuit,, not by me and not by the client.  Now, I am required to spend the time contacting the client and telling them that my tax software messed up so they have to amend their return??  I'm sure my clients will be thrilled to hear this.  

I cannot be the only one who has numerous clients this affected.  I don't understand why Lacerte will not stand behind their product.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Did you Call Them? Because right here, this is peer users. None of us can answer any of your questions. They gave a phone number, though.

0 Cheers
lpresslercpa
Level 2

Yes and I keep getting transferred because nobody has any answers.

0 Cheers
lpresslercpa
Level 2

Perhaps a Level 13 would have better luck?  I am not sure but the fact that they say to call and then can only read me the notice is outrageous.  Don't you agree?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

The levels are meaningless. I think it simply reflects how many questions we have answered.

We may joke about points and perks but there are none.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
lpresslercpa
Level 2

Thank you for responding.  I didn't realize.  I don't know how to get someone to help with this issue.  Do you have any ideas?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I don't know how to get someone to help with this issue."

Calling to find someone that will tell you, "Yes, Intuit will pay you for your time" is likely to be useless. Things fail and sometimes, we don't like the answer, but that is the answer. Something failed.

sjrcpa
Level 15

You can try emailing the higher ups.

Honestly I don't think anything will happen.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
lpresslercpa
Level 2

You are so rude!  Why bother answering if you don't have any suggestions.  

0 Cheers
lpresslercpa
Level 2

Thank you.  I will see if I can find any emails.  

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Why bother answering if you don't have any suggestions."

Upon rereading this topic, it appears we gave plenty of suggestions. You just didn't like the results.

And stop being rude to your Peers. That's now how to participate in a User Community, which, judging from your other topics, you have been given plenty of help and support from Peers here, every time you mentioned not getting it from Intuit.

0 Cheers
lpresslercpa
Level 2

LOL - you gave me nothing more than Lacerte gave me. 

At least other people gave suggestions that were not reading me back the notices.  

0 Cheers