Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOL election

John Dukes
Level 3

I'm trying to make the simple election to forgo the carryback of a small 2019 NOL.  It will not print unless you check off which Sec 965 years to exclude, and then specify "none."  It's not supposed to be that way as far as I can tell.  Any ideas?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michele
Level 7

Hi 

Have same issue with a very large NOL it appears. that this is almost like informational. Since it says that you have to make the election in 2020. I have it marked on a 1040 no carryback for 2018 and 2019. The Nol came from an Scorp it does not print an election letter worksheet

Michele

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
michele
Level 7

Hi 

Have same issue with a very large NOL it appears. that this is almost like informational. Since it says that you have to make the election in 2020. I have it marked on a 1040 no carryback for 2018 and 2019. The Nol came from an Scorp it does not print an election letter worksheet

Michele

0 Cheers
John Dukes
Level 3

Apparently we do have to wait until filing the 2020 return for some reason.  Used to have to make the election by the due date.  Thanks.

0 Cheers