Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW TO LACERTE-OVERPAYMENT APPLIED FROM 2018 APPEARED FROM NOWHERE

Mark163
Level 2

Hi all,

My firm switched from Ultratax to Lacerte this year. After conversion of data, all client data appear to be transferred properly. But one thing bothers me is that I found for every individual client, Lacerte calculated an overpayment applied from 2018 from no where. I have no idea how those number were calculated and they should not exist( most individual client don't pay estimate tax) . Anyone have a clue? Thank you. 

Mark.Ma

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

When converting, it is definitely not perfect. Given the resources I would review all of the 2018 returns for accuracy. That can help to prevent sucking up time during filing season. After a review, go to Screen 3 and look at the entry just BEFORE Organizer Miscellaneous. REMOVE the check box, then do the Proforma to 2019. This is especially important if you want state information to carry over correctly. Welcome to Lacerte! 

Possibly, if the 1040, Screen 7 - First entry is some number. It should be blank to not have any overpayment applied. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

No clue but there are always errors when converting from one software to another. It is good that you are checking. You'll need to delete this erroneous refund applied to 2019 estimated tax.

Ex-AllStar
Mark163
Level 2

Thanks a lot. I guess that's only thing I can do now. 

sjrcpa
Level 15

You're welcome, and welcome to the Community.

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

When converting, it is definitely not perfect. Given the resources I would review all of the 2018 returns for accuracy. That can help to prevent sucking up time during filing season. After a review, go to Screen 3 and look at the entry just BEFORE Organizer Miscellaneous. REMOVE the check box, then do the Proforma to 2019. This is especially important if you want state information to carry over correctly. Welcome to Lacerte! 

Possibly, if the 1040, Screen 7 - First entry is some number. It should be blank to not have any overpayment applied. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Mark163
Level 2

Thanks for the advise.  

0 Cheers