Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Lacerte - Fed Direct Deposit and State Payment

cgodfrey
Level 2

Entered in a direct deposit refund for Federal, but the client has a payment for state that I want to have automatically debited.  How do I enter this ... it keeps showing the payment in for paying by check in the filing instructions.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Screen 3 - It sounds like you have the bank entered and the direct deposit for Fed working well. You need to go down to the last of the Sections to find your State Direct Deposit of Refund/Electronic payment. There should a check box below Electronic Filing Only that is "Electronic payment of balance due". Right after that you can pick a date.  Possibly your state does not permit this. Which state are you working with?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
cgodfrey
Level 2

It is Utah - here is the bank information and I don't see anywhere to make a payment electronically, only for the direct deposit.  Any ideas?  Ultratax would allow

Capture.PNG

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I agree, it isn't there. Apparently UT and Lacerte don't communicate as well as UT and UT. Sorry.

Possibly @IntuitAustin could find a list of which state do direct debit for Individual (and maybe other modules).

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns