Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MN E-file

BobYCPA
Level 2

Can MN form M1PR be efiled during the mEF shutdown?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

I’m not sure if it really can or can’t be e-filed.  Personally, I would just paper file it at this point.

Slava Ukraini!
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

I don't file in that state, but I'm in CA, and our state e-file is up and running.  So the mEF shutdown is only an IRS-level thing.  Whether or not your state has e-file shut down or not should be available on your dept of revenue website.

I'd say try to e-file it and see what happens.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

MN is a Standalone state (like CA), which means transmission of state returns does not go through the IRS' system, which has been shut down.  Technically, you should be able to e-file.  When you try (and make sure you check the box to only e-file MN), did you get any diagnostic or error?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/ef-atlas-federal-state-ef-method-standalone-...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Don't any states ever shut down their systems to gear up their computers for the new year?  Minnesota still processes paper returns pretty quickly so rather than potentially have the thing in limbo until the end of January, is my logic for just paper filing the thing.  

Slava Ukraini!