Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medicare waiver payments

rainman611
Level 2

where do I report Medicade waiver payments received on a W2 line 1,3,5

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
BobKamman
Level 15

You are asking about Medicaid waiver payments.

Qualified Medicaid waiver payments may be excluded from gross income only when the care provider and the care recipient reside in the same home. When the care provider and the care recipient do not live together in the same home, the Medicaid waiver payments may not be excluded from gross income.

rainman611
Level 2

Thank you for your replay.

I am aware about the rules but a W2 was issued and I want to "offset" that income on the return to refund Fed and SS taxes withheld on W2. Previous inquiries on-line stated the amount should be put on line 8 of the schedule 1 but that does not seem correct.

Thank you

0 Cheers
rainman611
Level 2

Thanks to all who responded.

The answer is on input on screen 14.1 "Nontaxable Medicaid Waiver payments to care provider that were incorrectly reported on W-2 box 1" . Entry on this screen will transfer to schedule 1 line 8 and the amount will reflect as a negative number with the explanation of "Notice 2014-7"

Thanks again

dspro
Level 2

hello if In proseries. where do you enter this in negative number under  proseries software ?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@dspro wrote:

hello if In proseries. where do you enter this in negative number under  proseries software ?

If this is a 2022 return, there is a spot to enter it on the W-2 worksheet in ProSeries.  Scroll down a ways (maybe half way) and you'll see a few lines asking about the Medicaid Waiver amounts.

0 Cheers