Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass reassignment of staff preparer to firm clients

aztxboy
Level 2

Last year was the first year our firm used Lacerte software.  This year one of our staff preparers left the firm and we are in the process of reassigning her 200 plus clients to new staff preparers for 2019.  Is there a way to make these reassignments on a mass basis in Lacerte?  If yes, how?

FYI, we were able to do this sort of thing with our prior software provider (UltraTax).  

BTW, hopefully, I can get an answer here as the wait time on customer service currently is over an hour.  Sheesh.  

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

This is not a normal feature of Lacerte. I would be inclined to just replace the prior preparers information with the new preparers information. This is for 2019 tax returns, all prior years could be left alone. In prior years add the new preparer with a new preparer #, so if they do an amended or prior year return they would be #16 instead of #X, which would be the prior preparer.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
aztxboy
Level 2

The solution would work great if the clients were being assigned to just one new staff preparer.  In this case, they are being assigned to multiple staff preparers.  

Seems we will have to manually input the majority.  It makes no sense as to why a techy company like Intuit doesn't include this feature in its software.

I would appreciate comments from Intuit.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

There is a group of techie people that do mess with the program. They have their own group https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-sdk-group/gp-p/501 

The best the rest of us can do is to ask Lacerte to add this (Help > Lacerte Feedback), and set back and wait a decade of something to happen. I have been using Lacerte for 40 years. I remember when we had to use the multipage spread sheet that showed where every line of K-1 went. A user in Sebastopol CA did a cut and paste of the various input sheets to do each of the K-1's. Ultimately Lacerte incorporated that into the program. 

Also consider joining LTUG. https://groups.io/g/ltug

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers