Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Lacerte invoices with QB desktop customers

John Sr
Level 2

We have functioning QB desktop for our firm with Intuit Merchant services.  We've added Lacerte tax program for 2020 which creates invoices and sends them with an Intuit payment link. Payment does get linked to QB, but, as a E-file customer it creates.  How do we link the Lacerte activity to our QB customer list

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
PolishTaxGuy
Level 1

Yes!   We are having the same issue!!  On the phone with Merchant services right now trying to figure it out.

0 Cheers
John Sr
Level 2

Merchant Services says it is a Quickbooks Desktop solution but every time we call them the call drops, even though we always give them our number to call back, they don't.  Yesterday, Quickbooks Support said it was a Lacerte support issue and this morning Lacerte said it was a Merchant Services issue.  So, that's a complete circle as I see it and no answer. 

We created a trial client, issued an invoice and paid it through our Merchant Services and when the payment processed back to the desktop and because we had not set up a customer with the same name, the desktop created a customer called E-Invoice Customer.

We will be running actual clients that are existing desktop Customers and believe that the two programs will talk to each other.

0 Cheers
dcurtis
Level 1

I am trying to figure out if Lacerte exported invoices to quick book can be done by batches. Does anyone currently bill this way or what are you using for biilling we have joined lacerte cloud and losing Office tools which we used for billings.

Thank you Diane

0 Cheers
laccpa
Level 3

Have not seen the ability to download batches.  At this point, I would be happy with a one-touch icon that opens the invoice export/QB Import box.  Just trying to select the line to open the box is difficult and then you must do it individually for each client.  We could save a lot of time if they created a "$" icon that opens the dialogue box with QB for assigning the export/import.

0 Cheers