Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lacerte wont input federal interest rates

gancpa
Level 2

Why cant you input federal interest for 2021 post 5 17 filing it is 3%

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

One of the deprovements this year was to break this section. Settings > Options > Interest Rates

I do not believe the Get Interest Rates works even now. You will need to enter a 3 for the 1st quarter. PLUS add state rates. At least the view interest rates is now working. It was going to Tax Almanac to get you absolutely no information. 

Just consider this section to be a work in progress and do your own research to get it set up correctly. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

FWIW - I can enter the rates.

Maybe close/reopen?  Or even reboot?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

One of the deprovements this year was to break this section. Settings > Options > Interest Rates

I do not believe the Get Interest Rates works even now. You will need to enter a 3 for the 1st quarter. PLUS add state rates. At least the view interest rates is now working. It was going to Tax Almanac to get you absolutely no information. 

Just consider this section to be a work in progress and do your own research to get it set up correctly. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
gancpa
Level 2

Still dont know why with the cost of the lacerte program they wont fix the ability to post interest rates

not to mention the program gives the warning

Gregg A Neis

JIMMY99D
Level 1

i go to settings, options, inteest rates and it will not let me enter interest rate??

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Are you on a network?

Ex-AllStar