Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte won't load

bmckcpa
Level 1

Is anyone else having trouble getting lacerte to load?  It worked fine until this morning when it started taking a very long time to load.  Now it will not load at all.  i have tried turning off my computer hoping that would help with no luck.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

Try reloading the software via WebSetUp and FORCE it even if it says all is up-to-date.

Web Setup: To download the program using Web Setup go to StartAll Programs, Lacerte, choose Lacerte Web Setup for the program you are wanting to update.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
bmckcpa
Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion.  Will try tomorrow when I am fresh and less frustrated.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I can only imagine... Please report back & let us know.  Good luck.

Do you have good backups?

If not, use file explorer & copy/paste ALL of the .idata, cdata, sdata, rdata, pdata, fdata folder to a safe place.  I do that as a routine "backup" daily, and I name that file by the date (i.e 3.28.20)  I have such folders dated pretty much every single day of tax season.   NOT that I have OCDC or anything <w>.

Might as well do the options19, and setup19 folders too.   

JUST in case - .....  then I can walk you thru how to access your files from those if necessary.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
bmckcpa
Level 1

I broke down and called Lacerte Sunday morning and had great support.  Your solution was the ultimate answer but only after some other issues were cleared out.  Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Glad you're back up & running.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers