Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte Tax Import

Kfallon
Level 1

My firm is new to Lacerte this tax year and is considering the unlimited Tax Import add on.  What has been some of your experiences with the scan and import feature?  Do you recommend it?  What are the disadvantages?

Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

The search here is not very good. Search SCAN or IMPORT and click Questions. Typically this will only show those that have problems. Also https://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/reviews/review/21148617/2020-review-of-intuit-lacerte-and-proseri...

Personally, I am a good keyboarder and prefer eye on document to brain to fingers input on screen then eye on document to brain to eye on screen confirmation. Ultimately you do need to carefully review any scan and import. Not all W-2, 1099, etc are created equal so the scan to input is not perfect. 

There is at least one competing software that claims to be better. I have not experience with it. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers