Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte REP Issues

debgardnercpa
Level 3

I purchased the 200 return package last year for TY2019 and have been paying for the additional individual returns as needed.  Tried to open tax returns yesterday and today (previously filed and extended returns that have already been paid for) and cannot open them without re-REPing and repaying for them.

Called Tech Support and they could not tell me if there was a glitch in the software, but sounds like that's what the problem is.  The only fix offered was to re-REP them, repay for them, and then request a credit.   Don't really want to do this for 250+ clients as the cost is nearly $13K.  And the credit will be issued in a couple of weeks, but the charge is immediate.

Called Customer Service to see if there was another way around or if this has been reported as a problem.  Got the same answer.  This is terrible customer service.  Are they trying to inflate their revenue or what's going on?

Has anyone else had this issue?  This has never happened in prior years.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
abctax55
Level 15

I can't say I'm surprised at customer "support's" answer.  I had to do the same unconscionable work- around regarding a payroll subscription/license several years ago.

You *shouldn't* have to re-REP all of your clients right now - just (mainly) the ones you need to finish by the 15th, right?  That would make it hurt a bit less.

@IntuitBettyJo  -  any way YOU can either help, or contact someone who can?  @Travis H - you just posted a thread on the NEW & IMPROVED REP billing system.  Did *that* muck this up?

There's a thread on a different list-serve that advises going straight the Office of the President of Intuit for these kind of incompetent responses from Intuit's lowly customer service.  I'll look for into on how to do just that.  

And I make sure they will be responsible for any interest/finance charges you incur on your credit card!

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
debgardnercpa
Level 3

l will only do the ones needed to finish 10/15 deadline now.  But will have to do all eventually.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Edit... fixed the email address, I forgot it gets censored.  Take out the spaces, change the AT to @  to make it work.

Office of the President AT Intuit.com

Eventually... they WILL get it fixed.   Hope your credit card has a high enough limit 😉

And give BettyJo a chance - she's usually very helpful.  But I don't expect any of the mods to be around tonight.

Here's the other info I found on a different list serve that you might want to use to escalate things if BettyJo can't help tomorrow.

Anyone in the President’s office will help----I’ve had excellent help when I’ve had to reach out. Good luck. See below.

“I will be your personal advocate while we address your concerns. 

I am arranging for a specialized agent to contact you and with their assistance I strongly believe that we will be able to assist in addressing any and all obstacles you are encountering. 

If you have any concerns please call or email me directly! You can reach me at 520-901-3280 from 8AM to 5PM Arizona time or at [email address removed] . “

( Generic Comment )"
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @debgardnercpa , 

I apologize for the delay, I have reached out to you via private message to gather some more information and hopefully assist.    

-Betty Jo 

George4Tacks
Level 15

This is probably part of the "improvement" they are pushing out. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/lacerte-rep-2020-billing...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
debgardnercpa
Level 3

I spoke with someone yesterday from the office of the president.  Nothing resolved yet, hopefully next week.  Still can't see a return in Form view without repaying for it.

abctax55
Level 15

That's a bummer.

BTW, you're welcome.  😉

( Generic Comment )"
CJG190
Level 1

@IntuitBettyJo I am having the same problem.  This is super scary! I am a new preparer and can not afford something like this! AHHH! lol

0 Cheers
williamratliff
Level 1

I am currently having the same issue and our monthly statement is now double. The current response time for the credit request has been over 4 weeks and the team is missing items and not researching everything fully. Was there any resolution to this initial posting or would you be able to you offer any other assistance?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

This is a really old post.... but FWIW

@IntuitGabi  

Anyway you can help this poor soul out ?????

( Generic Comment )"
debgardnercpa
Level 3

Betty Jo

I am having to re-REP my returns again this year.  Not sure why this keeps happening, especially with the deadline only a day away.  Please contact me asap so I don't miss the deadline for the remaining taxpayers. Deb Gardner

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@debgardnercpa 

This is NOT support. This is a forum of peer users, with a select few Intuit employees wandering by.

No one will be calling you; YOU need to call support to get any help. There was a push alert sent out saying they are working extras hours leading up to the deadline.

( Generic Comment )"
debgardnercpa
Level 3

I thought I was replying to an Intuit support person.  Sorry for bothering you on this.  I tried calling support, but they are closed for the weekend.  I will look for a different phone # to call.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

How to contact Lacerte for help (intuit.com)

This push alert says they are open today. 

( Generic Comment )"
debgardnercpa
Level 3

Just got through to Customer Service, nothing they can do!  WOW terrible customer service!

0 Cheers