Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte Not Responding

rbolton1130
Level 2

I need to know if I'm the only one who is disappointed / frustrated with Lacerte 2019. I have had nothing but trouble this year. Trouble printing to Smart Vault, trouble with Lacerte (NOT REPSONDING) daily, several times a day. We can efile returns in the morning or after 6:00pm. During the day the program works 1/2 the time. I make almost daily calls to support and finally got my issue escalated two weeks ago, still waiting for a call back. My tech people, their tech people can't identify what the problem it. Any one else having similar experiences?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

16 Comments 16
George4Tacks
Level 15

I just saw the Alert-  On 3/5/2020 there will be a Lacerte Ask Me Anything Session. Come to this site from 2-4 CST and ask Lacerte Experts any question. 

It should be hopefully enlightening. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
navy
Level 2

I'm having the same issue. Rec'd an update notice last night, loaded it and it was the same one had rec'd in the a.m.

Hitting F-10 to check version is locking up Lacerte.

Called and lady said they were not aware of this issue but would forward up to tech support.

Lacerte is running slower in the evening.

rbolton1130
Level 2

Thanks for the reply. It makes me feel a little better knowing I’m not the only one. Lacerte makes me feel like I’m all alone. They did go as far to tell me they were having trouble with the new e-file code that they wrote for 2019 and that their system slows when there is high volume 

George4Tacks
Level 15

Just a suggestion - Find 2019 Lacerte Web Setup and make a shortcut to it on your desktop, or PIN to Taskbar. Instead of doing the update from the program (often buggy in how it works), click the 2019 Lacerte Web Setup and let it run. That generally, in my experience gives a cleaner update.

Ember123
Level 4

Yes this has not been a good year so far. Still waiting for responses on mid February service requests.

0 Cheers
LaurieC
Level 2

I am having the same issue with tax program both 18 & 19 not responding on like an hourly basis.

Couple of times the program stopped and closed completely.   And I'm 99% sure it is not my

computer or my internet, especially since this seems to be the only program with that issue.  

0 Cheers
Ember123
Level 4

An hourly basis is ambitious. I would be happy with a daily basis.😉

0 Cheers
rbolton1130
Level 2

Thanks for the replies, quick update, Friday after noon finally received a call back from the escalation team, very nice person, tried everything, but after a marathon 3 hour phone session, he was stumped. Still no resolution to my problem. Now it's getting to a point where the software wont even respond at any time, not just e-filing. Well, hope they can figure it out before TY 20.

LaurieC
Level 2

I discovered this morning that my AVG secure VPN was causing the non respond issue on Lacerte and the other Intuit programs.  AVG security not an issue, but apparently connecting to the VPN is causing the issue.  So if any of you still having issues may need to check your anti-virus software

rbolton1130
Level 2

Just wanted to give you an update in case someone else is having similar problems. It took almost all tax season but they finally fixed the problem I was having. They turned off the e-signature background sync and that seemed to fix the problem I had with Lacerte "Not Responding".

kanisandco
Level 1

I have the same problem -  called customer support -  waited  an hour and a half  -  customer service person had me reinstall the program (forced install)   -  during the process she got off the phone -  no goodby-  no  hows it going -  just gone.    I did get an email from her saying she lost the connection but was too  busy to call me back

I am a long time lacerte customer - over 30 years .  They did not treat me as such.   My be time to move on.

0 Cheers
rbolton1130
Level 2

I feel your pain. I had to almost fight to get them to escalate my case, they finally did. You jut have to be persistent. Have you reached out to your sales rep yet? It’s gotten much better for me after they did something with the e-signature syncing behind the scenes. Hopping 2020 software will work much better. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

This seems to be a popular thread, so I will put in a plug for the NEW LACERTE FIXIT TOOL (they have some other name that I don't like as well, but the tool does work.) Among other things it fixes printer issues and will do the force install without being on hold for a long time.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l...

Install it and hope you never really have to use it. Last week the update broke my printer driver. The tool fixed it. 

0 Cheers
ssmoi139
Level 1

I'm having the same issue with Lacerte "not responding" in 2019 tax program. How do I turn off

e-signature sync?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
rbolton1130
Level 2

Not sure if you can do that from within Lacerte. I think they have to do that internally and will require a call to tech support.

0 Cheers