Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte forced upper case text is not working. Any one have a fix?

cczamo
Level 2
Unfortunately input has been in lower case, with the Screen 3 Text style input of 2 for  "Force upper case".   However the lower case is still showing up on IRS forms, such as Form 8283.   Is there a fix?   Is this a bug?   Do I have to re-input the text?   This worked perfectly last year on 2019.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
hireanea
Level 3

I believe screen 1 is the only that does not switch. Try 1 return with screen 1 as all CAP

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Try Settings > Options > Tax Return > second one down is "Text Style".  Select Upper case using the drop down arrow.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
kgreen8393
Level 5

This actually started happening to us in 2019.  It will work fine, then after the first return you E-File, everything changes to lower case if that is how it was input even though options are set to upper case.

I was hoping this bug would be fixed in the 2020 software, but it is still converting to lower case after e-file.  The only way I have been able to fix this issue is to exit Lacerte and re-enter the software.  At least until the next time you E-File.

ed-da-taxman
Level 2

Same here and very irritating!!  I have to do what you do - exit and then re-enter.

0 Cheers
TaxIsAnArt
Level 1

Thanks for the work around!!

0 Cheers
ed-da-taxman
Level 2

I have since discovered that if you print to PDF, it corrects itself.

0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5

Interesting.  That did work, but we don't usually print to pdf through the program.  We print to a printer that is a pdf printer, but not the Lacerte pdf printer. 

0 Cheers
TaxIsAnArt
Level 1

It happens after you efile something

Restart program to fix

0 Cheers