Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte 2020/2019

mrjakesmith
Level 1

A client of ours recently needed to upgrade 2020 ... got the download, installed. The client comes back to me & says they need access to 2019, which WAS(with the last 10 years versions, which seemed to all to have been uninstalled or removed) installed on the server that 2020 is on, but when I try to install from a copy of the CD, I keep getting Installation Halted, The share file path is being updated. 

I found this article ... 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/error-when-updating-shared-file-path-is-b...

Is it OK to get this path from 2020 & then delete all the files? Any ideas, assistance. 

This install has been way harder than it should have been ... LOL 

TIA 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

I just ran into this and did not keep a complete set of steps, so I strongly suggest you contact support.

Rather than delete everything (many items in OptionYY you will realy want to keep), it involves renaming several to file to  fileOLD. I was very fortunate to get an exceptionally good systems person on my first call and we resolved the issue and I retained all except a few 2019 organizer settings that I had done over the weekend. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
mrjakesmith
Level 1

Thank you for your reply, I will reach out to support. 

0 Cheers