Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K-1 Basis limitation

misskeiko
Level 4

Hello,

I find the capital account on K-1 is different from the one calculated by Lacerte. The current year net income(loss) is always different...Lacerte is using all the numbers i entered to calculate. I am sure i entered all the numbers right. But somehow the current year net income is wired on K-1, which does not equal to the calculation. Can i use other current year increases(decreases) to basis to adjust Lacerte and keep it the same as K-1?

Thank you!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Rounding, book-tax differences, inside-outside basis differences, weird capital adjustments from other pass-through entities.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

Capital account does not equal basis, except in rare circumstances.

Ex-AllStar
misskeiko
Level 4

I know there are some differences, especially the liabilities. But do you know why the income is different? Thank you!

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Rounding, book-tax differences, inside-outside basis differences, weird capital adjustments from other pass-through entities.

misskeiko
Level 4

Thank you!

0 Cheers