Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a page that we can print to verify bank account information with a client?

KristineM
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

The full routing number and last 4 digits of the account number appear on the form called Financial Transaction Summary. 

For direct deposits, the full routing number and full account number appear on Page 2 of the 1040.

For direct debits, the full routing number and full account number appear on the form(s) called e-file Payment Record.

KristineM
Level 3

We just switched from Ultra Tax and they had a form that you could print that was just the banking information for dd or for efw.  The customer could sign to verify that it was their current account.  The FinTrans Summary will do.  

Thank you.

amacpa
Level 3

Is there was way to not have the bank account numbers be redacted or to show the all the digits. 

If by chance any digit is wrong, the client can't see and they'll assume it was entered correctly

amacpa
Level 3

switching from Ultra Sux was the best decision I ever made

0 Cheers
NAHC
Level 2

The Preparer E-File instructions give full account information

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

I use Pro Series, and I put confirmation info in my instruction letters.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
amacpa
Level 3

Yes, however, I copy\paste the info from the financial summary into an instruction for my client to sign, which requires me to copy\paste the info about the tax due or refund from the financial summary and copy\paste the bank info from the eFile instruction.

Thank you for your comment though. 

0 Cheers
KristineM
Level 3

It really was so bad.  😞

0 Cheers
amacpa
Level 3

bad is an understatement. first time in my 30 year career did I not only not get every extension filed, it was over 50 of them, I was up for 36 hour on the last two days and what I find out, by accident, is when they converted my ProSeries data the file structure, not the data was corrupted so the program constantly shut down on me or took several minutes to process and over 10 minutes to attempt to eFile. I was so tired and so afraid I killed my tax practice I was within moments of killing myself... thank Mr Jack Daniels for talking me out of it.

the sales rep told me I was the only person ever to have been given a 100% refund.

If anyone know someone using Ultra Sux, warn them . And now back to my happy Lacerte life... 🙂

0 Cheers