Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Lacerte server down?

SpecialK
Level 1

Anyone else not able to login to Lacerte? Receiving error message...

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

25 Comments 25
hschweit
Level 3

Same here. Unable to login to Lacerte 2018, 2019 or Intuit Link

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Proseries as well. 

0 Cheers
Drphibes
Level 7

Yup, same here.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

It appears to be across the board for Lacerte & PS.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-news-and-updates/discussion/error-502-bad-gateway-wh...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
RenaCPA
Level 2

Having same issue

0 Cheers
Jackie1514
Level 2

QuickBooks online also.  Great, just great....

0 Cheers

This happened last year too. Lacerte is getting worse and worse. Not to mention still can't file NJ CBT returns meanwhile other software providers already have their forms approved by NJ and can file. This might be the last straw for me.

0 Cheers
Lange Tax
Level 1

Same here!

0 Cheers
oldtaxman
Level 1

I was about to call them.  I downloaded some updates last night as required.  I then had to reboot my machine.   Now I cannot get in to do tax work I usually do on holiday's like this.   Hope they get it fixed but apparently it is not because I have not paid my bill if others of you are having similar problems.  Thank you

0 Cheers
ZACHOCALL
Level 2

Having issues as well here in UT

0 Cheers
lydacpa
Level 1

Unacceptable for how much we shell out.

0 Cheers
Amajane285
Level 3

Our Staff has just kept trying to log in and a majority of us have eventually got logged in.  This is annoying but keep trying and hopefully you'll get in also!

0 Cheers
herb
Level 2

I just now succeeded in logging in to Lacerte 2018.

0 Cheers

This is unacceptable.  For the price we pay for this software this shouldn't happen.  They should have plans in place to mitigate stuff like this.  My staff and I have appointments lined up all day and have to turn them away now. 

hschweit
Level 3

Finally seem able to log in. An hour and fifteen down.

0 Cheers
MandM
Level 1

What the hell is going on?  I am so $##$%$#^ fed up with Lacerte.  I have used this product over my career and ever since Intuit got their inept stupid hands around this once great program it has gone to ##W@.  Clients ….!  I can't believe I have to wait UNTIL the 2nd WEEK of FEB to even get an estimate tax worksheet and coupons for clients.  #@#$^@^@#WQ$.  I'm so over this bunch knuckheads.

HMC
Level 1

Same here; I was about to call them but it looks like everyone is having the same issue.

0 Cheers
Fsantillan68
Level 1

Is there a way to work offline?  without logging into lacerte?  It's a stand alone system, i don't understand why we need to login through lacerte?  What if the internet is temporarily on-line?

HMC
Level 1

I'm in it seems to be working now! 

0 Cheers
ben530
Level 3

We appreciate everyone posting. We couldn't even get logged in here to ask the same question.

Steve13
Level 1

We just got access back, hopefully, the issue is resolved. 

0 Cheers
JOEPCPA
Level 3

I did this -

Disable your Wifi or disconnect your network cable, then open Lacerte.

Due to not having a network connection, Lacerte will not attempt to reach the authentication server, so you will not encounter the error.

After Lacerte was open I reconnected my internet and it seems to be working.

oldtaxman
Level 1

It might be fixed but for now, I cannot even kill the useless client list on my screen.  I cannot even get the program to close.   They really screwed things up today.   

0 Cheers
CLAS
Level 1

Unable to log in since 3/28 anyone else able?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I'm connected, both all of yesterday, last night from home, & now again at the office.   Good luck.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers