Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Lacerte abandoning live customer support? Wait times are expanding and email support works very poorly.

Mark
Level 2

I don't ask for help because I want to waste customer service time, but my time is valuable too.  45 minutes waiting just to be cut off is absurd.  If this was just an isolated event I would not care. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Agreed. Try your question here and probably another user will answer for you. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

Agreed. Try your question here and probably another user will answer for you. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

Lacerte no longer cares about its customers.  There is no chat or email support.  Wait times every day of the year are extraordinarily long.  Wait times during tax season are over 1 hour every day.  They previously had a call back feature so we did not have to wait on hold but they no longer offer this.  We have to call our customers from our cell phones while we wait on hold.  My average wait times are between 1:15 and 1:45.  Once I speak with an agent, it has taken on average 0:30 - 1:00 to resolve issue.  This means it will take you 1:45 - 2:45 to resolve any question you may have. 

Ed77
Level 1

Must be cheaper to replace customers than hire enough support reps. Lack of callback feature is really annoying.

sjrcpa
Level 15

And that's supposing it gets resolved.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

To specifically answer the original OP's question:

Yes,  Intuit has abandoned effective live customer/technical support.

Intuit has attempted to shift *support* to this "new & improved forum". 

The expectation is that "we" (former AllStars and the new "Champion" b/s) will pick up the load....  FOR FREE...    "We" can often help/provide a work-around BUT we can't fix programming errors.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"