Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link

JMossMLW
Level 1

When I click to invite a new client to use Intuit Link, it defaults to an email invite message I customized last year.  I would like to change the "default" message so that I don't have to override it every time I invite a new client (i.e. it references last year, etc.).  I know it can (or at least could) be customized because it is not a generic default email.  Does anyone know where to change this default template?

I know how to add new templates to use in other requests, but I can't see where to change the default invite email.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
itonewbie
Level 15

Which tax product do you use?  The reason I ask is that the process is slightly different for each product.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
JMossMLW
Level 1

We use Lacerte Tax.  Not sure if there is something more specific than that that I am unaware of.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
  1. Log into Intuit Link for Accountants;
  2. Click on Firm Settings on the left panel;
  3. Click on the Email Templates tab on the dashboard; and
  4. Edit your existing template or create a new one.

If you send your organizers from 2019 Lacerte, I'm not sure if the changes you make to email templates there will flow through.  You can certainly give that a try.  But if you initiate the process within Intuit Link, your changes will definitely be reflected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
JMossMLW
Level 1

Thanks for the reply!  I've done all that, but none of the templates I have will show up in the invite if the invite is created through Lacerte (either 2019 or 2020).  There doesn't seem to be a way to change that default template Lacerte uses.  Although it is not the default one used last year because it is currently bringing up one I created from last year.  It seems like there should be a default option you can select.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @JMossMLW.

Intuit Link is not fully integrated with Lacerte like it is with PTO.  Initiating the process from within Intuit Link would be the alternative then.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
gmt
Level 2

Lacerte has actually dropped the ball on Intuit Link. If you call support you will find out you know more than they do!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

That's why I stopped calling Support for anything a long time ago.

Still an AllStar
JMossMLW
Level 1

Got it.  I appreciate the help!

0 Cheers