Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intuit link transfer to lacerte

april hours
Level 2

can we transfer data captured in intuit link into lacerte using tax import, please provide steps.

in past we have been happy with E-organizer but intuit keeps promoting intuit link. It would have more if it could transfer data in link directly to lacerte or by way of tax import. makes no sense to have to keypunch data after receiving from clients in link.

whose on first? why haven't developers thought of this already.....

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @april hours. It's no reason to switch to PS jut because they have someone from product participating in this forum now.  That may change later on and the key question is whether PS would meet your needs.

If you want integration, ProConnect Tax would be a more viable option because it runs in the cloud with the Lacerte engine, which means there is very little you'll need to adapt.  The biggest drawback, however, would be customization, packaging, and database capabilities, without which you're looking at a drop in productivity.  Otherwise, it's a very capable tax product due to the Lacerte engine it runs on.  With ProConnect Tax, you can import tax documents directly from Intuit Link and Practice Management is an option you can subscribe to.

You can sign up for ProConnect Tax with full functionality and even prepare returns without charge unless you print or e-file a return.  Test drive that and see if it meets your needs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
itonewbie
Level 15

No, Intuit Link is not e-Organizer.  You can, however, import certain tax documents if you subscribe to Tax Import.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
april hours
Level 2

thanks, could you clarify that all docs uploaded into intuit link can be bridged into lacerte program using tax import(without keypunching), do they need to be one by one or combined as one pdf?

most docs uploaded by mobile phone are j-pegs and don't think you can import those?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You can refer to these articles for more info about Tax Import:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/importing-scanned-source-documents-with-lace...

https://accountants.intuit.com/tax/lacerte/add-ons/tax-import-resource-center.jsp

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
april hours
Level 2

thanks I newbie, I couldn't find anything in articles about intuit link portal data being transferred directly into Lacerte program. HELP

0 Cheers
april hours
Level 2

also to put I-newbie at ease in his answers, I have been with Lacerte over 28 yrs using E-organizer so quite familiar but trying to have convince us to  switch those reluctant Eorg clients to  intuit link but believe Ilink is nothing more than a place for scan docs to land. Lacerte support folks please participate.

I have for 7 yrs tried to have programmers to stop listing all 300+ assets in the Eorg(rental clients) that goes to my clients as they also reply if I have to deal with that prior to seeing the itemized deduction screen in Eorg they will change CPAs. I have also asked them to set up a panel of programmers with those lacerte users that have more than 10 yrs to answer our ?s(non basic) and to improve for all other users of program. kinda makes sense but the energy seems to be on finding new bies instead and the recruiting of intuit subcontractors to support the program.....lets make this good program great again!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Unfortunately, this is a peer-to-peer support forum, which means you won't get anyone from Lacerte to participate.  ProSeries users are a bit luckier as someone from the product team recently joined and he's been quite active and responsive.

Probably not something you're hoping to hear.  But like I said, you can't import directly from Intuit Link.  Although you can import with Tax Import, it's a different product you need to license and it's not integrated with Intuit Link.  This means you will need to first download the files from Intuit Link and go through the process in Tax Import to import them into Lacerte.

My understanding from the articles is that Tax Import only works with PDF, which means you'd need to first convert any JPEG files into PDF.  Since I don't have any experience with Tax Import, I won't be able to offer any personal insight.  If you want to know more, some of my friends here may be able to help.

E-Organizers are a double-edged sword.  It may save you time if your client is very meticulous and organized in entering data but would be a nightmare to deal with if there are a lot of errors you need to clean up.  In many ways, it could be worse than reviewing a badly prepared return, especially if you import before a thorough review.

To get your voice registered (which does not translate to "heard" though), you can use the Idea Exchange in the hyperlink below.  Truth be told, this is a reincarnation of what ProSeries had for many years and there was no lack of suggestions.  However, even those with many, many, many votes from ProSeries users never get implemented.  Hey, but I'm an optimist and you can always be the lucky winner!

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/604

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
april hours
Level 2

thanks for the insight,is cost reduction worth changing from lacerte to proseries then?

I switched yrs ago to creative solutions/thomsonreuters and learned a lesson. any chance on virtual panel of experienced users to share ideas with lacerte or just wishful thinking

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @april hours. It's no reason to switch to PS jut because they have someone from product participating in this forum now.  That may change later on and the key question is whether PS would meet your needs.

If you want integration, ProConnect Tax would be a more viable option because it runs in the cloud with the Lacerte engine, which means there is very little you'll need to adapt.  The biggest drawback, however, would be customization, packaging, and database capabilities, without which you're looking at a drop in productivity.  Otherwise, it's a very capable tax product due to the Lacerte engine it runs on.  With ProConnect Tax, you can import tax documents directly from Intuit Link and Practice Management is an option you can subscribe to.

You can sign up for ProConnect Tax with full functionality and even prepare returns without charge unless you print or e-file a return.  Test drive that and see if it meets your needs.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers