Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link e-mail error

kt2jdtsmom
Level 2

When trying to upload queries from 2020 Lacerte to Link I keep getting an error that says the two emails used are different and to fix...but they are the same.  I've tried un-inviting in Link, but still get same message...

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

Not sure if I understand your statement about the error.  Where are these email addresses that you compared and which are supposed to be different?

Normally, even if the email address you try to send an invite to is different from what was registered previously, the system will only prompt you to confirm whether it's the existing or new email address you'd like to use rather than stopping you in the track.

Can you post a redacted screenshot or copy and paste the exact error messages you're getting in both Lacerte and Intuit Link?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
kt2jdtsmom
Level 2

Link.png

 Here is the error I get in Lacerte.  Both the email in Lacerte and the e-mail in Link are identical and both are the original when client was first invited to Link and have not been changed.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Not sure what happened here.

Try delete the email address within Link and paste over the email address from Lacerte, then invite that client again.

If it still doesn't work, try sending the invite directly within Link and bypass Lacerte altogether.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers