Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installment agreement Form 9465 - eFile

russ2k8
Level 2

Does anyone have any luck efile with Form 9465 Installment Agreement?  I get the following "Form 9465, Line 11b must be equal to or greater that line 10. (ref #53415).  My line 11a is greater than Lin

Support said that Lacerte if following the instructions so we should just file by paper.  Note that of course was after being on the phone for almost two hours.  I can not believe that no one else has not gotten this error.  

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
bnb
Level 2

I have the same issue and the e-file was rejected.  Makes no sense because the math doesn't work.  Never needed to paper file before with same client, year after year.  Maybe it's an IRS issue?  Thanks for the research and your 2 hours.  Looks like we'll be paper filing.

0 Cheers
bnb
Level 2

I found a fix.  Enter a proposed payment less than what you want it to be on line 11a, then enter the actual payment you want in the revised monthly payment amount, line 11b.  For example, I proposed $175 and revised it to $200.  Now the critical diagnostic is gone and I'll try to e-file again!

0 Cheers
russ2k8
Level 2

Hi BNB,  I'm worried that this will change the actual amount of monthly installment.  I just do not know why Lacerte does not recognized this as an issue. 

0 Cheers
chelseagoode
Level 2

We're having the same issue. We enter the form as it should be and it throws a critical diagnostic that prevents e-filing. But if we enter information into the form to get the critical diagnostic to go away, it gets rejected during e-file for the form being completed incorrectly. Does anyone know how to submit a tech ticket without having to call them? I did the latest update but that didn't help.

russ2k8
Level 2

Hi BNB was that solutions accepted?

0 Cheers
ADCoore
Level 1

Is is possible to upload or fax in a Form 9465 Installment Agreement Request

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

No to upload. IRS doesn't do that.

Taxpayer can request one on irs.gov under certain conditions.

If you're already dealing with Collections, when you get a person on the phone you can probably fax it to them. If client has a notice that mentions requesting an installment agreement, there may be a fax number on the notice.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers