Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inherited property sold on 1041

cl54
Level 1

I am trying to list a rental property sold in the 1041 screen as inherited but can't seem to locate an input screen for this section? any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Was it rented in 2019? Did you set up depreciation with step up (inherited) basis? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
cl54
Level 1

yes it was set up with the stepped up basis and yes rented in 2019 , there is no input on the depreciation screen to make it as inherited? or not that I kind find

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think you are looking for something like the "inherited" box that is for 1040 input.  That is not necessary. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/entering-a-bulk-sale-of-assets-in-lacerte... shows the steps for creating the sale in the depreciation screen. Just click the Follow these steps.... Fiduciary module in that link. 

This may generate a short term, vs long term gain(loss). If that happens you may just need to enter it in the dispositions screen, but try the sale via depreciation screen first. DO A BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO THE SALE IN DEPRECIATION SCREEN, just in case.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns