Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import from scanned pdf

Yvette
Level 1

Has anyone had any luck with importing client data from scanned pdf's in Lacerte? I I uploaded one eight days ago and it's still processing. I called support seven days ago - they were supposed to check and get back to me. I emailed support four days ago. No responses.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
RebSteMag
Level 2

Hello, Yvette.  I'm curious if you've tried to update the statuses via the import link in your Lacerte screen.  Import...Tax Import...Update Tax Import Statuses.

I've had similar issues and this path sometimes worked.  

0 Cheers
Yvette
Level 1

I have done that several times, including just now. No luck. Thank you for the input!

0 Cheers
RebSteMag
Level 2

Have you imported others?  Also my experience...sometimes scanning/importing another client's documents successfully would cause the first client's status to update.

0 Cheers
Yvette
Level 1

I have not. This was our first one ever and a test to see how it worked. I will certainly try a second one and see what happens.

0 Cheers
RebSteMag
Level 2

I actually just created a post regarding my experience with the Import tool.  Good luck with it all. 🙂

0 Cheers
slshapiro
Level 2

I tried it today for gambling winnings 1099s.  Most them imported correctly.  However, I did receive about 15 erroneous inputs and some that were incomplete.  My BIG issue is that the web site says the cost on a per client basis is $11.00 and the billed my credit card $13.00.  I know it's not a lot but if I use for a lot of clients the differance will add up.

Has anyone else noticed the additional or wrong charge?

0 Cheers