Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased a lacerte pay as you go version and installed it on my pc but my version still evaluation, Why?

Tax4GA
Level 1

I purchased a lacerte pay as you go version and installed it on my pc but my version still evaluation, Why?

I installed lacerte on my pc over 5 times. but still my version is evaluation.

please let me know how to change.

thanks 

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
VLK1
Level 1

I just went through this! If you are still having problems please contact me.  Tech support really wasn't helpful.  It took me three days of trial and error.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try Settings > Update Preparer Information > Download Preparer Information (put it in C:\Lacerte\20tax)

Then Settings > Update Preparer Information > Install Prep File

Maybe you will need to go to "My Account" by using Resources > My Account > Dashboard There you will find a grey box to the right of center for Download Prep File.

One more bit of trivia - If you want to "play" with a sample tax return, you can get them by using Ctrl + R to Restore and select C:\Lacerte\20tax\demodata You can then install various sample clients in each module. Be sure the SSN or EIN in Screen one is all 9's. You will need to REP the file, but there will be no charge for these returns. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns