Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I New Prep File

arhcpa
Level 2

I opened 2019 Lacerte today and received a message that Lacerte needed to download a new prep file.  But nothing has changed why would I need a new prep file for 2019?  Anyone else see this? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
We have a new season, with 2020 release. The new prep file would reflect that you have purchased this and extends your Fast Track licensing to earlier years. Maybe you bought an unlimited package or add a module to your portfolio. Just update and go on with your life..

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15
We have a new season, with 2020 release. The new prep file would reflect that you have purchased this and extends your Fast Track licensing to earlier years. Maybe you bought an unlimited package or add a module to your portfolio. Just update and go on with your life..

arhcpa
Level 2

@George4Tacks  Thank you. I am not use to seeing this.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
It finally popped up for me today. I guess they like you more than me. ;-}

L D Evans
Level 1

they changed my zip code in my prep file and dropped a digit - now i get diagnostics that i am in a foreign country and  i called lacerte and am not able to fix the address back to what it was before they did their "update" - no answer on when this would be fixed - not very happy as it affects my old versions and i have returns i need to file ASAP for loan approvals - anyone else get a bad prep file in this latest update??

0 Cheers
L D Evans
Level 1

you updated mine with BAD info - and no word on when it can be fixed !! its a problem for me

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@L D Evans You are posting to other users. You need to contact support to get this resolved.

Maybe @IntuitAustin can get someone to reach out to you tomorrow.