Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an amount on the S Corp Schedule K-1 Line 17AC Which is transfering into the personal tax return as self employment income. I should not have self employment

t-ogle
Level 1
The S-corp income should not have self employment income because there is wages in the return.  did a law about S Corps change
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Somebody else mentioned the same thing earlier this week.  It seems like a program error to me.

abctax55
Level 15

Nope, there's no "new" law regarding S-Corps.

17-AC is the gross receipts amount, to be used for 'business interest' computations on Form 6??? (?).

It appears at this stage to be a programming error.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

It's not self employment income. Look at the codes for the 1120S K-1.

The input screen in Lacerte 1040 is misleading. Just don't enter it in either of the 17AC lines.

Earlier today I replied to the other post about this, but of course cannot find it now because the search function here sucks.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

I replied somewhere/sometime too - but nope, couldn't find it.

There was also a reply by Phoebe...couldn't find that either.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Here is one

Solved: Re: Why is the gross income input in Screen 13 flo... - Intuit Accountants Community 

I remember Phoebe commenting, too. Can't find that one.

Ex-AllStar
safcpa
Level 3

I saw that as well and have assumed it is a programming error.

I tried the export K-1 feature and it did not show up on the individual return as SE income