Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HAVE A DIAGNOSTIC THAT SAYS M-1 LINE 1 DOES NOT EQUAL M-3 PART 1 LINE 11 WHEN I DON'T EVEN HAVE A SCH M-1. HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS?

fsweatt
Level 1
WHERE DO I FIND SCH M-1 INPUTS?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

A nifty trick in Lacerte is to go to the box or line you want to make an entry in and RIGHT CLICK on it, then select "Jump to Input" 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Assuming C-corp, based on the date.

That diagnostic really means "you didn't enter anything for book-basis income on Screen 39.2"

If you click on the diagnostic, it will take you to the right place, which is Screen 39, then M-3 on the top left to get to 39.2, then under Part 1, second bold heading is Net Income (Loss) Reconciliation, then third item down is "worldwide consolidated new income or loss from the income statement source identified above," which means "book income."

Lacerte generates M-1 Line 1 automatically from your tax-basis inputs. You may also have diagnostics regarding exceptions to filing M-3 or options to file the abbreviated M-3.

If you actually have an M-3 requirement, and aren't already very familiar with M-1, you should plan to spend a significant amount of time with the M-3 forms instructions.