Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am receiving the following diagnostic in preparation of a Form 1120 in Lacerte : Oregon requires pdf attachment of Net Loss Capital Loss Deduction Schedule

smarson
Level 2
It appears there is a schedule already auto-generated showing 2018 NOL Carryforward (I'm guessing this is what they are wanting attached?).  So do I still have to attach a PDF of the same thing?  This is a critical diagnostic - will e-filing through the diagnostic result in a rejected return?  Does anyone know what form I am to attach as a PDF?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kreinard
Employee
Employee

I was just about to ask if you had it right 🙂  Here's what it says when i reference the diag number: 

The following diagnostic is generated: e-file: (state) There is an amount on the Federal Form 1120. A copy of the certification must be in the e-file or included as a PDF attachment (ref. #40721)

What needs to be done to clear this diagnostic? A copy of the Federal Form 1120 must be included with the e-file. This can be done by printing the Federal Form 1120 to PDF and attaching in Screen 4.2 Electronic Filing.

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
kreinard
Employee
Employee

check user options, SETUP Tab. There is a line near the bottom of the first section that says "Auto Generate and Attache PDF's to eFiles", set that to yes and see if that clears the diagnostic. 

smarson
Level 2

I checked that before I posted the question and it's already market 'yes' to auto-generate any documents. 

0 Cheers
kreinard
Employee
Employee

what is the reference number next to the diagnostic?

smarson
Level 2

smarson
Level 2

Sorry, wrong diagnostic

40721 is the Oregon diagnostic

0 Cheers
kreinard
Employee
Employee

I was just about to ask if you had it right 🙂  Here's what it says when i reference the diag number: 

The following diagnostic is generated: e-file: (state) There is an amount on the Federal Form 1120. A copy of the certification must be in the e-file or included as a PDF attachment (ref. #40721)

What needs to be done to clear this diagnostic? A copy of the Federal Form 1120 must be included with the e-file. This can be done by printing the Federal Form 1120 to PDF and attaching in Screen 4.2 Electronic Filing.

smarson
Level 2

Forgive me if I seem elementary, but doesn't this already happen?  I know in the old days we always had to send a Federal copy with the State returns and I thought Lacerte still did that (probably not automatically, but I thought I had it set up to do this when required?). 

At any rate, it's not going to hurt to do it again just for redundancy.  Thanks for your help today!

0 Cheers
kreinard
Employee
Employee

You're welcome.

I was thinking the same thing earlier. In user options, Items to print tab there is a lower section where you can set to print a federal copy with the state return when applicable. I guess this doesn't affect the PDF attachment.  I would have thought that the program would automatically attach the 1120 in this case but apparently not.  I'll pass along the suggestion to the dev team.  

Good luck with the rest of tax season...I promise at some point it will end 🙂 

My "Auto Generate and Attach PDFs to EFiles" setting is already on "Yes" and I printed to PDF and attached the relevant federal pages and the diagnostic still appears.  How do I get it to acknowledge the PDF is attached?

0 Cheers