Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO TRIGGER MN FOMR M1PR

seo
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I would normally point you this link, but all of the sub-links are dead due to Intuit's stupidity of changing forums and not updating things.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/minnesota-property-tax-refund-m1pr-freque...

IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Here's some information I was able to find for you on How do I generate Minnesota (MN) Form M1PR?

Spoiler

How do I generate Minnesota (MN) Form M1PR?

To generate Form MN M1PR
  1. Go to Screen 53.221, Minnesota Household Income/Sch. M1PR.
  2. Check the boxes that apply under the M1PR Information section.
    • Renter
    • Homeowner
    • Mobile home owner
    • Nursing home resident

If you checked Homeowner:

1. Go to Screen 53.226, Statement of Property Taxes Payable.
  2. Complete the Statement of Property Taxes Payable section.
  3. Scroll down to the Property Amounts section.
  4. Select the type of property from the Property class drop down menu.
  5. Complete all applicable fields under the Property Amounts and Credits and Property Tax Dollars Allocations (Memorandum Entries Only) subsections.  

*Note- MN M1PR for homeowners will only generate if the Taxpayer is not a dependent on another person's return, the total household income (line 😎 is less than $107,930 and the Refund amount is greater than 0.

If you checked Renter:

1. Go to Screen 53.225, Minnesota Certificate of Rent Paid.
  2. Complete the Certificate of Rent Paid section.
  3. Scroll down to the Rental Amounts section.
  4. Complete all applicable fields pertaining to the CRP. Note: Mandatory entries to generate the M1PR are: - "Number of units on this property" - "Number of adults living in unit (count married couple as 1)" - "Rent amount paid in 20XX by individual or married couple renters" (where XX is the tax year end) - "Total months rented"

*Note- MN M1PR for renters will only generate if the Taxpayer is not a dependent on another person's return, the total household income (line 😎 is less than $58,490 and the Refund amount is greater than 0.

Hope that helps! 

Cheers! 

Betty Jo 

0 Cheers

THANK YOU!!!!!

0 Cheers