Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to generate form 4562

BaoyuLiu
Level 2

Hi there, I am working on an S Corp return. for the new assets entered into system, depreciation number showed on 1120S line 14; however it does not print out the form 4562. Please kindly help. Thank you

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Does it show on the depreciation schedule? Make sure you have the correct date put in service. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Does it show on the depreciation schedule? Make sure you have the correct date put in service. 

BaoyuLiu
Level 2

it does not show on depreciation schedule

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Is there a 4562? Are there numbers on any of the lines of the 4562? 

0 Cheers
BaoyuLiu
Level 2

when I click forms, 4562 is there, nut there is no numbers on the form. however 1120S has the depreciation deduction amount there. is that because for now I am using 999999 for EIN for preview so 4562 does not generate numbers on the form? Thank you 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

The 9's should not impact it. Is there nothing on line 14 of the 4562? New asset would create that. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

My last guess is you put in an override in the expenses, Screen 15 between Depletion, ... and Dues. 

0 Cheers