Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many years back can late fiduciary returns be e-filed?

cpa0415
Level 1

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

2018 - yes. I'm about to file one soon.

2019 - yes.

2020 - yes.

I don't think 2017 is allowed. I think a diagnostic will appear if it is not allowed.

E-filing will close soon and I'm on hold with the IRS to find out the exact date.  I didn't see an IRS Alert so if has that information I would appreciate it.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6

2018 - yes. I'm about to file one soon.

2019 - yes.

2020 - yes.

I don't think 2017 is allowed. I think a diagnostic will appear if it is not allowed.

E-filing will close soon and I'm on hold with the IRS to find out the exact date.  I didn't see an IRS Alert so if has that information I would appreciate it.

IRonMaN
Level 15

The alert came out today.  The IRS is shutting things down on Saturday, 11/20/21 -------- just before the clock strikes midnight. 

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Sometimes Intuit shuts it down earlier in the day.

Ex-AllStar

2018 and 2019 e-signature is not available for Fiduciary returns.

This is an exception to this statement:Screenshot 2021-11-10 063628.jpg And it should be stated in the Help Article.  @IntuitAlicia or someone - would you forward my suggestion to the author of that article?  

Intuit usually ask for software suggestions around this time each year don't they?  If so, please add a simple diagnostic so we are aware of this esignature limitation.  This would be helpful, if not crucial, as the Nov. 20 MeF deadline approaches.

It took 2 calls to customer support to learn this.  Ugh.

0 Cheers
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee

eSignature is available in the prior year programs but only in the modules where it was available during that tax year.  Fiduciary wasn't introduced until 2020.

IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee

I will include your feedback to improve the note to provide additional details.  Thank you for sharing!