Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I tell the program that the taxpayer has the required medical insurance coverage to avoid being charged a penalty on the California return?

dlmcferran
Level 3
2020 Program
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

@dlmcferran I now see why you asked. I found the input  -  Screen 53 > California Premium Assistance Subsidy Credit  > enter 1= entire household covered for ...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
itonewbie
Level 15

Why are you working on 2020 return?  The program is not fully functional at least until Jan.  Just hang tight and wait.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

MY guess is that part of the program isn't ready for primetime yet.  It's early, way early, for state programs to be functional.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

The 2019 programs are close to having all of the bugs worked out.  It's going to be awhile before anybody can say that about the 2020 Intuit programs ---------------------- a long, long, while.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

Go to forms view. Look at the CA 540 and find the appropriate line number. Right click and select "Jump to Input".

OH WAIT!!! The 540 hasn't been issued yet. Oh well, I guess we will just have to wait and see. 

P.S. Are you trying to get even for that early morning phone call from Lacerte. Really rude to call at 6:30 AM. 

George4Tacks
Level 15

@dlmcferran I now see why you asked. I found the input  -  Screen 53 > California Premium Assistance Subsidy Credit  > enter 1= entire household covered for ...

dlmcferran
Level 3

Thanks George.

George4Tacks
Level 15

@dlmcferran and anyone else following this California issue, it is now in Screen 39 > California Premium Assistance Subsidy/Penalty.

Hopefully it will settle here and not be a moving target