@George4Tacks perhaps I am mis-remembering but did not Lacerte at one time have a look-up for diagnostics via REF numbers? Or was that long enough ago back when there was literal Intuit Support?
@George4Tacks speaking of broken links, do you have anything with details on the Lacerte file types? I found this ↓
...which is a good start but I'm hungry for more. Config / settings files where they can be blown away (renamed) and Lacerte re-creates them along the likes of Other and / or Miscellaneous types for example the following: (but ideally a more exhaustive list)
- NOTES: contains the clients notes information from the client Detail (Screen 47) and other miscellaneous things. There will be several files with different extensions for each client.
- BAD: stores Defective Bridge and Detail Files.
- DCDATA: contains custom templates for the Data Conductor.
- EF: contains E-File transmission and acknowledgement files.
- ESignature: contains files related to ESignature.
- EXPORT: default location for Export files.
- Link: contains files related to Intuit Link.
- RefundsN: contains information used by Refunds Now for Rapid Anticipation Loans
- TaxImport: contains files related to Scan and Submit, and Financial Institution Download
- TBData: contains Trial Balance Data for all clients combined into a set of database files.
- URN: contains information regarding users in the program.
@User ID 61 That is outside my wheelhouse. There are a few identifiable files, but https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-sdk-group/gp-p/501 is for those that know how to mess with them. A few others have wandered into the portion of the forum with questions that belong here.