Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove critical diagnostic #53794?

Highlighted
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Level 15

Hum a few bars and maybe we can help.

You are asking a user forum and we do not have any master list of what the diagnostic says. Give us some hints and possibly someone can help. 

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 7

@George4Tacks perhaps I am mis-remembering but did not Lacerte at one time have a look-up for diagnostics via REF numbers? Or was that long enough ago back when there was literal Intuit Support?

Put the bunny, back in the box....
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
If they did it was two incarnations ago. This format just popped up in December and many things went away and several links still don't work.

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 7

@George4Tacks speaking of broken links, do you have anything with details on the Lacerte file types? I found this ↓

Lacerte Data - File Structure and Extensions

...which is a good start but I'm hungry for more. Config / settings files where they can be blown away (renamed) and Lacerte re-creates them along the likes of Other and / or Miscellaneous types for example the following: (but ideally a more exhaustive list)

Other folders stored in the Data Path:
  • NOTES: contains the clients notes information from the client Detail (Screen 47) and other miscellaneous things. There will be several files with different extensions for each client.
  • BAD: stores Defective Bridge and Detail Files.
  • DCDATA: contains custom templates for the Data Conductor.
  • EF: contains E-File transmission and acknowledgement files.
  • ESignature: contains files related to ESignature.
  • EXPORT: default location for Export files.
  • Link: contains files related to Intuit Link.
  • RefundsN: contains information used by Refunds Now for Rapid Anticipation Loans
  • TaxImport: contains files related to Scan and Submit, and Financial Institution Download
  • TBData: contains Trial Balance Data for all clients combined into a set of database files.
  • URN: contains information regarding users in the program.
Note: this list is not conclusive as we may add folders in support of new features in the program. Not all folders are applicable to all tax modules.

@IntuitAustin A definitive behind the scenes practical resource of file system information would be nice to have with each year's Lacerte version. If you could cascade that along to the powers that be, thanks so much.
Put the bunny, back in the box....
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

@User ID 61 That is outside my wheelhouse. There are a few identifiable files, but https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-sdk-group/gp-p/501 is for those that know how to mess with them. A few others have wandered into the portion of the forum with questions that belong here. 

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers