Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I email support?

michelleross
Level 2

I hate to complain, but I seriously can't spend any more hours on hold this week.  Is there a way to communicate with Lacerte support via email?  I have waited over an hour to ask a simple question, made a purchase based on the answer.  Called back and waited again because I couldn't download software, only to find out I was told the wrong thing.  I was transferred again and put on hold, and I just can't wait another hour.  Surely there is email support?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

26 Comments 26
DJLipton
Level 1

I agree - Lacerte Phone Support is impossible right now.

sjrcpa
Level 15
KubatCPA
Level 1

This customer service support is horrible.  I am a 26 year user of Lacerte and I can't get through to ask them about my bill?

Wow.

snootsdad
Level 3

Lacerte wants everyone to switch to Drake

michelleross
Level 2

😂

0 Cheers
michelleross
Level 2

So, I'm definitely going to compare other software.  There was no support after 5 on the 9/15 or 10/15 deadline, which I consider an issue as well.  Anyone want to discuss customer service experience with other software?  I found my fees to be quite high compared to other software as well, and not sure if there are more benefits being provided for the costs.

0 Cheers
naguilar
Level 2

Customer Service for such a high end tax software, which we held high, is no longer quality. We spent total time of about 4 hours on the phone with them today when we are in dire need of some assistance. I believe they changed management or customer service company and it's really bad. We were on hold for the majority of the time and still they couldn't help us. Their billing system has changed and has locked our account and now we are unable to file returns from 24-48 hours with 10 days out! This is unbelievable and we are seriously considering taking our business elsewhere. It's disheartening when we've been loyal customers for over 28 years.  

naguilar
Level 2

Right there with you! Billing customer service has been the worst we've ever dealt with and we've using lacerte for over 28 years!! it's truly sad!

Taxmanrog
Level 2

I was a Lacerte customer for 22 years, and due to their ridiculous pricing for REP billing (I paid $4k for the 200 individuals program, but over $8k for REP billing!) and their poor support and horrible program errors this year, I left and went to CCH Axcess.  They offered 300 clients, ANY type (business, individual, trust, etc) with UNLIMITED states for $6,400.  Now, I agreed to do my own training and installation, but I am familiar with Axcess from my prior employer.  So no big deal.  I also opted not to get the scan input (full of errors) and the practice management (I have my own system).  But for half of the cost I will be getting a much better program.  They do things automatically (GILTI for example) that Lacerte does not offer, or has only as typewriter forms.

Also, I sent a letter to the President and to the Founder of Lacerte, explaining why I was leaving.  Whenever a long time customer leaves, it is important to find out why.  I never heard a peep from anyone at Lacerte!  I have two colleagues, one who was with Lacerte for 25 years, the other for 28.  Both did the same thing.  Neither heard either.  So Intuit does not care, as long as they take CPA revenue and use it to compete against us. 

This is NOT right!  Perhaps if more of us left they would get the message?

0 Cheers
Taxmanrog
Level 2

Try CCH Axcess!  See my post above or feel free to contact me.  Roger J Yule, CPA, Frankfort IL

0 Cheers
Bye bye
Level 2

Well, good for you!

I was mistreated by you REP department and charged sales tax on REP which I am not subject to under any circumstances.
I spoke with 5 managers through later spring and all summer and into the fall. ALL promised to address the issue and issue credit to my account. NONE went beyond that empty promise.

You may cease sending billing and delinquent notices to me as I have selected another software developer who has a much less expensive product. In the process you have lost a 36-year user of Lacerte Software and over $5k in revenue. So maybe next time a LONG TERM customer using your software asks for an issue to be resolved someone will take appropriate action.

Good riddance! Lacerte has gotten way too big to care about the customers who have spent OVER $100,000 throughout the years!!!

0 Cheers
Bye bye
Level 2

Well, good for you!

I have used Lacerte software since 1985 when Larry and Phil were the owners. Intuit greedy bastards went up on fees EVERY year! They charged more and became more distant to their long time users.

I was mistreated by you REP department and charged sales tax on REP which I am not subject to under any circumstances.
I spoke with 5 managers through later spring and all summer and into the fall. ALL promised to address the issue and issue credit to my account. NONE went beyond that empty promise.

You may cease sending billing and delinquent notices to me as I have selected another software developer who has a much less expensive product. In the process you have lost a 36-year user of Lacerte Software and over $5k in revenue anually. So maybe next time a LONG TERM customer using your software asks for an issue to be resolved someone will take appropriate action.

Good riddance! Lacerte has gotten way too big to care about the customers who have spent OVER $100,000 throughout the years!!!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You do realize this place consists of other Intuit users and not Intuit support peoples?

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"You do realize this place consists of other Intuit users and not Intuit support peoples?'

Probably not, since that username was just created fresh ("new member") and since they seem to think they are berating customer service and not recognizing this peer community has been here, and Peers, for quite a while, now. A long time user that didn't even know about the rest. Sad.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
sjrcpa
Level 15

I'm surprised the censor allowed that user name.

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

We saw it the first time.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

I flagged it.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Taxmanrog
Level 2

I am sure that someone at Lacerte monitors the professional community.

But as I stated, as long as the sheep keep paying Intuit for getting eaten, nothing will change.  If everyone left and went to CCH Axcess, UltraTax, or even Drake, then they might get the message.  They are too driven by stock price and revenue to care about us, unless the "US" stick together and leave en mass!

Taxmanrog
Level 2

Now that I have been working with CCH Axcess for a while, I have had more contact with Customer Support with my install process.  I am familiar with Axcess from the tax prep side, but the admin side I need some help, as I have not done it before.

CCH Axcess is intuitive for the setup process.  And I have had to call Customer Service with what I later feel are dumb questions, and they still answer them, and are really nice about it.  They are helpful, know what they are doing, and are available later than Lacerte!

I am so glad I switched!

abctax55
Level 15

@Bye bye    What's that saying about takes one to know one?????

WE are not INTUIT, WE are not support - so your venting is not directed at the people who really give a **bleep** how P.O'd you are.

Have a GREAT tax season.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

RE: Surely there is email support?

Yes, if you hit Ctrl-L, or click the Lacerte E-Mail icon, you could set up a case, and even attach the client file  in issue.  That is, if you could wait 24 hours or so for the resolution.  I had satisfactory results last tax season. 

True, the hold time could get ridiculous.  Also, Lacerte used to have long support hours on the 15th of March, April, Sep and October.  I have been lucky enough last two years in that I wrapped up a majority of the work a day before the drop dead days.  This is what I try to shoot for this time around.

Seven years ago, when I moved into the building and shared the space with a few CPAs who used CCH, I switched to CCH (a no-brainer decision).  I thought I had been well-prepared.  Two weeks into the tax season, I had to scramble to get back to Lacerte.  My support staff were NOT as well trained or prepared.  My point is this: if you switch, make sure to be trained and have enough dry runs way before the tax season.  

Good luck all.

PS @abctax55  I was just messin' with you about the ' thingie.  Hope you don't mind.  

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
abctax55
Level 15

@joshuabarksatlcs  - my skin is pretty thick, and I am *well* aware of my spelling/grammar deficiencies.  I used to have a dictionary within arms reach - spell check has spoiled me.  I like texting as you can blame a multitude of errors on auto-spell/check 🤣

We be good...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

"I am sure that someone at Lacerte monitors the professional community."

I would not bet on it.

Ex-AllStar
Bye bye
Level 2

LOL...well just keep Sason well fed.

FYI, I just thought maybe I could help others treading water to take the leap and give the "Brandon" to Lacerte!  LOL

0 Cheers
Bye bye
Level 2

LOL I think that you just want the "pot".

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Check out this article for personalized technical or product support: How to contact us

Starting your own thread here on the community is a great way to get feedback and insights from your peers. You can also submit an idea to enhance the product you're using. 

For anything that needs special attention, feel free to "@" my username in a post and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction. Please make sure you contact support before doing so. 

**Did this answer your questions? If so, select "Accept as solution".