Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding or Masking SSN on Lacerte Organizers

gobaer
Level 2

Trying to figure out how to find setting to hide SSN on tax organizers being sent out?  Any help is always appreciated....or do I just use a Sharpie! 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Organizer > Print paper organizer > Print (lower right side) opens to a window where you can pick the Organizer Print Options including "Hide Social Security Numbers".

I'm ass-um-ing you are doing paper organizers since you suggest a Sharpie as an alternative 🤣

This'll work on PDF's of organizers too; I don't have a clue 'bout e-organizers tho.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

Organizer > Print paper organizer > Print (lower right side) opens to a window where you can pick the Organizer Print Options including "Hide Social Security Numbers".

I'm ass-um-ing you are doing paper organizers since you suggest a Sharpie as an alternative 🤣

This'll work on PDF's of organizers too; I don't have a clue 'bout e-organizers tho.

( Generic Comment )"
gobaer
Level 2

That's awesome!  Can't thank you enough! - I knew it would be too easy! (Just kidding)....but will live another day and put off retirement for now!  
Thanks again & Good Luck on your murderous tax filing season - I will find other uses for the Sharpie!

abctax55
Level 15

YVW... give me a solve (since the last time I checked I was stuck on 666 😞

I use MY Sharpie on the T.V. screen or monitor when I don't like what the news is saying.   It's getting really expensive to keep replacing them (I don't mean the Sharpies).

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@gobaer 

IF you are just now printing organizers, beware that there have been many, many formatting issues.  Be sure you are on the most current update (41.0107 at least...).  There's at least one after that, I'm at home & haven't updated recently on this computer.

And print one or two & check things before you print 100's or 1,000's.  

( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I use MY Sharpie on the T.V. screen or monitor"

Just use Wite-Out on the Sharpie once that program is done, and you're ready for your next program.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.