Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi DPI Display settings

jerry
Level 5

I have a gorgeous hi resolution 2560x1440 monitor.

Several years ago, Lacerte support suggesting using it with the System(Enhanced) High DPI compatibility setting.  It gave me most of the resolution, with no edge fuzziness, so I used it in 2018.

However, in the 2019 program, this setting caused the new "re-imagined" eSig tab to freeze.  I had to go back to the lower quality "System" setting, that had substantial edge fuzziness.

The freezing for eSig appears to be back for 2020 for System(Enhanced).

What do others use for hi-res displays?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

I wonder if it is related to the ProSeries issue that @Orlando posted in https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/proseries-preventing-en...

Maybe @IntuitAustin can get some resolution (yes I picked that word) after the long weekend. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

It could be. Lacerte and ProSeries share that eSig component, and the underlying 3rd party component that it runs in. That 3rd party component is causing the issue referenced in the thread (which is also unfortunately impacting some Lacerte customers). It's conceivable it could also be causing this. I will investigate further.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@Orlando has there been any "resolution"?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'd suggest giving it a try after the next update of Lacerte.

ProSeries moved to a much newer version of the component we share in our December 16th TY20 release. That addressed the login/blank screen issue for us, and should do the same for Lacerte when they release with it (which I believe should be their next release).  Hopefully this new version will address your issue. Unfortunately I don't have quite as nice a monitor, so I can't verify on my own.

0 Cheers