Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems efiling Form 1040X

eeyore
Level 3

It's my understanding that today is the day we can efile 1040X through Lacerte.  I had an amended return that I was sitting on, waiting for today.  I went into the client, and marked the return for e-filing (screen 1).  Then, I tried to efile it, using the "e-file Amended Return Wizard".  The program responded that the "Client is not setup for any amended returns that can be e-filed".  

Is there something else I need to toggle here?

Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't know if today is the day or not since I use ProSeries, but I do know the day isn't over yet.  Intuit isn't in the farming business so their day doesn't necessarily start at the crack of dawn.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Someone really wants to be the guinea pig if they volunteer at 6am West Coast time.  Are Lacerte developers still in Tucson?  They're on California time these days.  

qbteachmt
Level 15

Has anyone seen an announcement that the IRS did, in fact, get this opened for Aug 17 as first planned? I would watch for their official announcement, first. Then, watch for your program to get a compliant update.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
abctax55
Level 15

The IRS *said* they would be ready today, Aug 17th.

I haven't received notification from Lacerte as to their specific time line.... 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive seen preparers that use Drake say they got IRS acceptance of their 2019 1040X Efiled returns over a week ago...I figured they were the guinea pigs.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
eeyore
Level 3

Thank you everyone, for your responses.  I will try to exercise some patience (sigh), and give it a few days to see if more information becomes available.

In the meantime, everyone stay safe and healthy.

0 Cheers
snodaker
Level 2

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-news-updates/discussion/individual-amended-form-...

Lacerte's FAQ on the subject currently indicates an Aug. 19th availability.

eeyore
Level 3

Thanks everyone for your comments and information.  As you said, be patient.  Lacerte is now accepting amended returns!

0 Cheers