Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone resolve the 1040 printing problem to printer as well as DMS from the recent update 2/14/20?

Just Askin
Level 2

Having a problem printing to printer, as well as a complete pdf to DMS, since the recent 2/14/20 update ?

Anybody get through and resolve yet ?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
tonymus
Level 1

I didn't get through today, but I noticed that my network install doesn't look correct.  To be specific, the TaxSetup file in the Lacerte directory is corrupt, and the Tax Setup(? - I'm home now) directory only has one file in it.  I think the update trashed my network installation.  Since it's nearly impossible to get through to Lacerte, I'm planning to back up all the data files, then wipe Lacerte from my server and workstations, and re-install.

0 Cheers
Just Askin
Level 2

On the phone with Tia from Lacerte..

I'll tell her and let you know

0 Cheers
Just Askin
Level 2

Tia and Joe ( a little) figured it out

Setting>Options>Items to print ... Uncheck Agency Disclosure Statement

There is two hours on the phone for a 2 min fix

Everyone should thank Tia 

WCMCFP
Level 2

I have the same problem - I've been a Lacerte user literally forever and I'm used to printing to the printer and a copy I select at set-up also goes to DMS at the same time.  Instead, the DMS copy is printing to a pdf file outside DMS.  The copies I've selected to go to the printer are being printed fine.  I've reviewed every "print to DMS" setting I can find, but to top it all off, the pdf files being created are not segmented by form like the ones that are created in DMS.  So when I open the "Complete Return" pdf file created, it is just a series of pages printed in a row, and to find a form I need to scroll through and find it.  Very frustrated.  

0 Cheers
WCMCFP
Level 2

I was able to fix my issue by removing and reinstalling Lacerte DMS PDF printer drivers - both the DMS PDF Printer (which I found was missing from my list of available printers) and also Lacerte Tax PDF 4.0 drivers.  After removing them I reinstalled them by navigating into the Lacerte program and finding C:\Lacerte\2019tax\lacertepdf_450_tool.exe.  Right click that, choose "run as administrator" and wait for the program to run (about a minute). When it's done its thing, press any key to continue.  

0 Cheers
John Dukes
Level 3

I will try this when the next workstation has a problem, but it worked for me to uninstall DMS, reinstall, and then update on 2 workstations.  Thanks.

0 Cheers
John Dukes
Level 3

This solution has not totally solved our problem.  It still prints the return to a separate PDF, and then we have to print the PDF file rather than go straight to the printer.

0 Cheers