Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had a client return the "Intuit Link" tax information to you and instead it went to ANOTHER tax preparer??

HJA
Level 1

I was called by my client who informed me that she just received a call from a tax preparer who said that she received her information via intuit link!! I am very perplexed by this. I looked at my Link status and the client hasn't responded according to my software.

I proceeded  to contact Lacerte support who left me on hold for 45 minutes and never came back. they have all my information and you would think they would try and contact me? I guess something like this is not a HUGE security issue in their minds!!

Any suggestions? I'm sure that makes all of us extremely apprehensive using Link!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

Do you have a record of your client accepting your invitation this year?

Did your client accept an invitation for the same year from this other preparer?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
HJA
Level 1

Do you have a record of your client accepting your invitation this year?  Yes, on the client page in Link it says it was accepted by the client

Did your client accept an invitation for the same year from this other preparer?  No never used the other preparer.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

That is scary!  Intuit should audit what happened and give your as well as your client a full explanation, not the least because this breaches data privacy and security.  Would be great if you could also share with us what may have been the cause so that we could all be aware.  Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
HJA
Level 1

Of course they should! You would think they would have attempted to contact me since I waited on hold for 45 minutes and explained what happened on here? one would think they monitor these chat communities. I just don't have the time to chase them hoping this was an (explainable) isolated incident.

What happened to Lacerte? They used to be pretty good at helping us. Now Intuit doesn't seem to care. I hate thinking of changing, I've used them for over 20 years maybe 30.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@HJA wrote:

Now Intuit doesn't seem to care.

That pretty much sums it all up.  I just had the misfortune of having to call Intuit this morning and was reminded why I try avoid calling at all costs.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
HJA
Level 1

exactly how I feel. as long as I don't need their help it's great! Sad to work with anyone or any company that you feel that way about. no one seems to care these days......

0 Cheers