Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Govt Instructions in Lacerte 2019 forms not showing / working

guykanon
Level 2

the 123 Govt Instructions window stopped working for one of our coworkers about a week ago. Window opens but no instruction, although Lacerte help in same windows works.

We tried Lacerte update and APC server reboot to no avail. Any ideas?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
User FIDO 61
Level 8

123 Govt Instructions looks to be some variation of a PDF viewer. Does this same coworker have similar issue viewing other PDF documents? Adobe Reader, or whatever your chosen/mandated PDF viewer may need updated.

Does 123 Govt Instructions work in a prior year of Lacerte for this coworker? 

This is just a hunch/guess... I have battled many Lacerte demons just not this particular one - yet 

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
0 Cheers
guykanon
Level 2

This issue exists in Lacerte 2018 also.

Victim uses acrobat reader for PDF which seems to be working outside of lacerte.

0 Cheers
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Victim! [giggle]  Maybe this is a job that requires a Tool? 

PDF and Component Repair tools for Lacerte and ProSeries

Speaking of Tool this is must see (if you are not a fan, or not into drumming then skip it) 

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
guykanon
Level 2

Wow! Those are some heavy duty tools; unable to run due to no admin rights in APC remote desktop.

I see Lacerte has yet another update - will see if it resolves the Govt Instructions / PDF issue.

Thanks Mr 61

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I have Acrobat and that is what opens when I click the Forms Instructions. For the user that does have the ability, try using F1 to see what software is opening the pdf. Possibly that was "adjusted" by a windows update. They are pushing EDGE and Lacerte pushes IE.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
jzhang
Level 1

Hi guykanon,

Was the issue resolved? One of my coworkers is having the same issue as well.

0 Cheers